The Western History & Genealogy Department at the Central Library
The Western History/Genealogy department is located on the Level 5 of the Central Library
Mon - Tue: 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Wed - Fri: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Sat: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sun: 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Phone: 720-865-1821, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Central Library is easily accessible via bus or the free Mallride or Metroride from downtown. Visit RTD for bus information.
- Parking at the Central Library
- Interior map of the Western History/Genealogy Department
- Hotels available within walking distance or further out accessible by bus or lightrail
- Due to the urban nature of the downtown area, food, lodging, and entertainment are very easy to locate
- For free brochures, guides, maps and visitor information, contact the Denver Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau or call: 1-800-2DENVER
Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library
The Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library is located at 2401 Welton Street in the Five Points neighborhood of downtown Denver. The Reading Room is located on the second level.
Mon: 12 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Tue: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Wed: 12 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Thu: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Fri: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Sat: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- The Library has free parking. The entrance is on 24th and Welton.
- For lodging, check out Citysearch Denver or Hotel Hotline - Denver. You can walk to the library from downtown hotels. In addition, a light rail train stops one block from the Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library. Visit RTD for more information.
- A self-guided walking tour leads to a series of historic markers within the Welton Street Cultural District. The illustrated signs tell stories about the people, places and ideas that helped shape African-American culture and history in Denver.
- Due to the urban nature of the downtown area, food, lodging, and entertainment are very easy to locate. MapQuest will plot hotels/restaurants on a map for you.
- For free brochures, guides, maps and visitor information, contact the Denver Metro Convention & Visitors Bureauor call: 1-800-2DENVER