The Denver Public Library is currently accepting nominations for the 2023 Juanita Gray Community Service Awards. These awards honor African American men and women who make outstanding contributions to the Denver metro area and who exemplify the ideals and spirit represented by Juanita Gray’s commitment to the Denver community. We are equally interested in African American youth, ages 14-18, who are setting a positive example for many in our community; the youth awardee will receive a scholarship. Nominations should be completed online or printed and mailed or dropped off using the downloadable form. Nominations are due by Wednesday, November 23 at 6 p.m.
Nominations are reviewed by a committee consisting of library staff and community representatives. We ask that you please be thorough with your nomination to demonstrate the nominee’s achievements and contributions. Previous recipients of the award
Juanita Gray Community Service Award
- An African American, a Colorado resident, and a positive role model.
- A user and/or supporter of the Denver Public Library.
- A person who has taken an active role in the community.
- A person who has made a contribution above and beyond paid employment.
- A person who has made an impact in the community, state, and/or USA.
- The nominee must be living.
Please note, the event will take place on Saturday, February 4, 2023, to acknowledge the award winners. The event will be open to the public. More information will be available later this year. For more information about the awards, questions about the criteria, or assistance with the nomination form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations are due by Wednesday, November 23 at 6 p.m.