Conditions for the Purchase of Digital and Print Reproductions
The Denver Public Library wishes to make its material as widely available as possible. Your interests and ours will be better served by reading the following conditions and procedures.
- Reproductions of materials from the collections of the Denver Public Library Digital Collections are provided under license agreement for purposes as indicated by the user and agreed upon by the Library. Conditions governing their use are specified on a contractual agreement generated by the Library that is to be signed by the user.
- All orders must be prepaid. All sales are final.
- All responsibility regarding questions of copyright or invasion of privacy that may arise in the use of material that has been reproduced by the Denver Public Library must be assumed by the user.
- The Denver Public Library gives no exclusive rights for the use of its material. Permission is granted for a one-time use only. Any subsequent use of an image requires the written permission of the Library and the payment of additional fees. Commercial use of images are priced and licensed based on usage.
- It is the responsibility of the user to credit the Denver Public Library. Proper credit must be given to the creator if known. The preferred citation is as follows: Denver Public Library, Western History Collection, Call number.
- The Denver Public Library does not allow its images to be used out of context or modified in any way that affects the historical integrity of the image.
- Special requests not specifically mentioned within the above procedures will be considered and subject to special agreements. We reserve the right to charge additional fees for items that pose unusual difficulty in scanning.
- The Library requests, and is appreciative of receiving, a free copy of the item containing the material that is published or produced.
- To apply for permission to publish or reproduce images from the Denver Public Library Western History collections, please read and agree to the Denver Public Library Letter of Agreement for Use of Photographic Reproductions. The Letter of Agreement does not grant copyright permission but is a contract for permission to use photographs reproduced by our staff. Use in any commercial or editorial medium requires the user to agree to the Denver Public Library Letter of Agreement. Possession of an image does not constitute permission to use it.
- The image permission fees are separate from, and in addition to, image reproduction charges.
- Image permission is for a one-time, one project use only.
- The Denver Public Library reserves the right to decline permission to publishers and individuals who do not agree to the stated terms in the Denver Public Library Letter of Agreement for Use of Photographic Reproductions.