Architect Fred Hale designed the 1887-88 sandstone townhouse using elements of Queen Anne and Romanesque Revival styles. The building is the oldest remaining residential structure in downtown Denver. The house was built for James M. Curry who operated the Douglas County Lava Quarries in Castle Rock. Vasco L. Chucovich, a Yugoslavian immigrant, took possession of the house in 1902. Chucovich invested in real estate but made a substantial income from his gambling connections. He became involved in local politics and counted Mayor Robert Speer among his close friends.
1439 Court Pl.Denver80202