The Brown Palace Hotel, America's second fireproof building, was begun in 1889 and completed in 1892. Denver architect Frank E. Edbrooke designed the building for Henry C. Brown and co-owners W.H. Bush and N.M. Tabor. Brown paid three-quarters of the total $2 million construction and furnishing costs. The hotel has long played a role as the social and cultural landmark of Denver. It has has regularly hosted U.S. presidents, foreign dignitaries, and business leaders, as well as the traveling public.
391 17th St