The Western History and Genealogy Department is happy to announce the upgraded Digital Collections site! During the upgrade process WHG and the library's Digital User Experience (DUX) took a look at the current site to see what could be improved upon. This included determining what functionality was needed, what could be customized and configured within the software, and how best to provide a great user experience with both functionality and appearance. We had a two week soft launch where we asked several staff members and customers to complete a series of tasks on the new site and share what they thought, and we made adjustments based on that feedback.
The upgraded site, which is powered by OCLC's CONTENTdm, has several new features we're excited about:
- Responsive Design: The site will resize automatically to fit whatever device you are using.
- New look: The new design of the site is clean, modern and appealing, and will make finding digital assets a better experience.
- Better search: The default search automatically filters out Rocky Mountain News images so users can get to our core collection faster (Rocky Mountain News images will still be available via Advanced Search).
- Accessibility: The new site complies with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) so everyone can access these collections.
- Increased security and speed.